Re: vdr-005/dvb-006 flash-frame bug report

Guido Fiala wrote:

> had last weekend the strange effect, that one recording went well, and another
> some hours later showed every a few seconds a flash of a frame about half
> an image under it's normal position, also there are heavy frame droppes and
> a large audio/video latency.
>
> The failure has to be happened during recording with vdr, because it's
> reproducible with those file (after 24min it suddenly starts).
>
> There was no system load during recording, the driver modules were not
> reinserted between those recordings, just a number of different stations tuned
> in. The effect just had affected the recorded file, tv showed no signs of
> failures afterwards. (Signal lost, as i tested during the first recording, is
> not the reason for that failure)

I haven't had that particular problem yet, but with driver version 0.6 I do
have problems switching channels. The ioctl() call appears to work and
'(front.sync & 0x1F == 0x1F)' is true, but the tv screen remains blank.
Switching up and down between channels normally cures this, and a channel
that just wasn't tuned in correctly then displays just fine. Strange...

> Another problem i found (probably addressing vdr alone), that parts of the osd
> sometimes vanish: sometimes the main menu does'nt display (but still works),
> sometimes just the text inside the menu is missing. After reinserting the
> modules anything does work again.

Haven't had that here.

> Has someone else recognized a time-lag between pressing stop-ff/fr and the
> video actually stopping? The time-lag seems to be proportional to the time you
> play fast-forward or fast-rewind. (maybe repeated key-events should be dropped
> so long plackback-status has not changed)

I have added a "buffer clear" call when pressing these keys, so the reaction
will now be "immediate". I'll be releasing 'vdr' version 0.6 shortly.

> The same applies for changing the time of some timers via key left/right (at least with
> DEBUG_RMEOTE=1 ;-)

Haven't observed that, either.

Klaus