Re: remote DVB watching ?

Kassian Plankensteiner wrote:
> That throws up another question:
> What's the average bandwidth of a normal Digital TV stream ?

about 3 MBit/sec.

> As far as I understand you can watch the /dev/video output with any
> video4linux application (read: xtvscreen) .... Am i completely wrong
> here ?

You do not have /dev/video and the matching driver and card local
on the remote machine, so your problem is to watch a PVA stream on
a machine that does not have a /dev/video that accepts PVA.

I would believe that you have to do as I said: convert the PVA to
MPEG and use an MPEG viewer. But I'd be glad if you can prove me
wrong. :-)

Try it out and let me know your results.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index