Re: remote DVB watching ?

Carsten Koch wrote:
> You do not have /dev/video and the matching driver and card local
> on the remote machine, so your problem is to watch a PVA stream on
> a machine that does not have a /dev/video that accepts PVA.
>
> I would believe that you have to do as I said: convert the PVA to
> MPEG and use an MPEG viewer. But I'd be glad if you can prove me
> wrong. :-)
>
> Try it out and let me know your results.

I'm thinking about a solution as follows (not tried yet, will have to
wait till tomorrow):

1. mount 'server'/dev as NFS filesystem on 'workstation'/mnt/dev
2. symlink 'workstation'/dev/video to 'workstation'/mnt/dev/video
3. start xtvscreen

I'm sure I didn't think of something really important here that makes
this whole thing completely impossible, but hey it's 3.30 am ! ;-)

Kassian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index