driver 0.6, success.

Hi,
Some feedback about the current release.
First of all, congratulations for the work, it's impressive.

---config:
athlon 600, asus k7m, 3com 590x 10/100 netcard, 128 MB ram
hauppauge dvb-s, sblive audio, generic ATI Rage128 vidcard w/32 mb ram.
linux-mandrake 7.1 freshly installed, recompiled kernel 2.2.16 (with athlon
optimization flags).
XFree86 4.0 then 4.01 (latest rpms)
audio: alsa drivers with oss emulation modules loaded
(had to recompile the alsa stuff to get it running with the sblive)
---dvb:
driver 0.6 compiles on that without a complaint. modules load OK, not a single
error.
untested composite output (aint got a TV)
had some trouble getting gVideo to get a decent image until I found about the
-b [bits per plane] flag (why not use --bpp like in X11?). Meanwhile I
installed XFree86 4.01. discovered that the XF86Config-4 files of mandrake come
with a line disabling DGA (commented that out).

not yet tried : radio stations, dvbd, EON access.

questions/suggestions:
driver:
-what about using simultaneously a connexant/brooktree analog tuner and the dvb-s?
works under wincrap BTW (going to test this soon).
-what about getting the dvb-s radio part compatible with the /dev/radio interface?
-what's the function of the msp3400.o commented out in the Makefile?

gVideo:
-when going fullscreen we need a way to get back to the previous resolution.
doesn't work at least in my configuration
-would be nice to be able to scale the image to any proportions (I know, that's
a feature...)

for EON: my linux/dvb box lives in a masqueraded network, the router/firewall
is a minimal distribution (freesco).
Freesco is great but doesn't have ssh (so I have no simple way of running
Franz Ackermann's scripts) does someone have a couple of scripts/ideas for getting such a configuration
to run?

Greetings,

Max

Home | Main Index | Thread Index