Re: remote DVB watching ?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> If this means that reading /dev/video would no longer deliver AV_PES
> packets, this would immediately break 'vdr' :-(

Being a vdr user myself, I would of course be unhappy
if vdr would not function for a while with new drivers.

On the other hand, standards are the way to go.

I heard rumors that later this year a cheap MPEG compression
board will be available. I am sure this could be very useful
for VDR (to have vdr record from arbitrary video sources) and
I would expect that this board produces standard MPEG, not
AV_PES.

So my question is: will it really be hard to port vdr to
standard MPEG?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index