Re: analog recording

> For Mpeg 1 they are many options, most under 100 USD, like 3DeMON-MPV.
> For MPEG2 we have a hardware compression card by Provideo callled 3DeMON-DVX
> going at 380 USD (http://www.provideo.com.tw/PV251.htm).
> It uses a C-CUBE Dvxplore processor. Drivers are available for Win 95/98
> only.

Thanx for the address. I'll have a look.
any thoughts about netstream 2000? drivers avalable?

> With a powerful processor (or a multiprocessor system) you can make software
> real-time compression.
> ATI have such drivers for their All-in-wonder 128, but again Windows only.

ATI has real-time compression but it would seem it is at least partly
hardware assisted in the all-in-wonder 128 32MB that has the rage theater chip.
the software part appears to be the ligos (lsx) encoder.
quality is decent for the occasional TV capture but nothing overwhelming.

I get far better results capturing low-compression mjpeg with the
Pinnacle DC10+ (with virtualdub, not with Pinnacle's infamous software) then
running it through a software mpeg encoder (12+ hours). Of course I'd prefer
to do all this under linux.

MK

Home | Main Index | Thread Index