RE: Common Interface hoes

> No, the CI handling is present in the firmware. (Other parts were
> missing.)

I can definately use CI with the windows software, and watch the channels
(yes I have a real smartcard and a real subscription). The TT application
will identify the bouqet and handle the smartcard seemlesly (i.e. to
configuration necessary).

I would like to obtan the same behaviour in Linux + VDR since keeping and
extra monitor on the dedicated video-pc is not a good idea. I did lot's of
research and testing and this is what I come with:

1. In VDR enable CA to 1. This, when passed to the driver will enable it to
do a
SendCICommand( dvb, CI_CMD_SYSTEM_READY, 0, 0 ) ;
2. I also set front.pnr to the SID (formerly PNR, and actually the
StationID) obtained from the STEST application.
This step will tell the driver the pnr which is fed to the irdeto CI with
the following command:

SendCICommand( dvb, CI_CMD_FAST_PSI, pnr, 2 ) ;

All seems OK except that I cannot see anything on the screen (i.e. while
working with Windows Application it's not under Linux).

The CAM is recognized properly and initialized??? I can see debug coming on
the console each time I switch an ecrypted channel.

A strange thing is that the driver issues a decoder_command( dvb, DVB_RESET,
0 ); and right after there's a commented SendCICommand( dvb,
CI_CMD_SYSTEM_READY,0,0);....

So: Where do I start debugging? Is anyone using the CI stuff under Linux?
Also another question: Where can I find (free) description to the various
CI_CMD_??????? commands?

Thank you,
Plamen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index