RE: Common Interface hoes

Plamen Ganev writes:
 > I can definately use CI with the windows software, and watch the channels
 > (yes I have a real smartcard and a real subscription). The TT application
 > will identify the bouqet and handle the smartcard seemlesly (i.e. to
 > configuration necessary).
 >
 > I would like to obtan the same behaviour in Linux + VDR since keeping and
 > extra monitor on the dedicated video-pc is not a good idea. I did lot's of
 > research and testing and this is what I come with:
 >
 > 1. In VDR enable CA to 1. This, when passed to the driver will enable it to
 > do a
 > SendCICommand( dvb, CI_CMD_SYSTEM_READY, 0, 0 ) ;
 > 2. I also set front.pnr to the SID (formerly PNR, and actually the
 > StationID) obtained from the STEST application.
 > This step will tell the driver the pnr which is fed to the irdeto CI with
 > the following command:
 >
 > SendCICommand( dvb, CI_CMD_FAST_PSI, pnr, 2 ) ;
 >
 > All seems OK except that I cannot see anything on the screen (i.e. while
 > working with Windows Application it's not under Linux).

Also sounds fine to me.

 > The CAM is recognized properly and initialized??? I can see debug coming on
 > the console each time I switch an ecrypted channel.
 >
 > A strange thing is that the driver issues a decoder_command( dvb, DVB_RESET,
 > 0 ); and right after there's a commented SendCICommand( dvb,
 > CI_CMD_SYSTEM_READY,0,0);....
 >
 > So: Where do I start debugging? Is anyone using the CI stuff under Linux?

According to reports I got it is working for many people.

There is a problem when using two DVB cards with a CI interface each
(it only works on one card) which I was not able to resolve yet. But
thatīs about it.

 > Also another question: Where can I find (free) description to the various
 > CI_CMD_??????? commands?

I donīt have one either.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index