RE: CI-Module

> I was looking into buying a DVB card with the CI-Module. Unfortunately I'm
> a bit low on free PCI Slots so the Siemens card does not seem to be the
> best choice. I have heard that there are CI modules that fit into a 3,5"
> slot. Does anybody have any further information?

The CI module has a dummy PCI connector that can be broken (it has no
contacts and is made to be broken. Infact you have to be carefull inserting
it in a PCI slot :-). The CI module has 6 holes for standard screws on the
edges.

> I wrote the guys at Siemens and got the answer that I could break off the
> part that fits into the PCI slot although that would void my warrenty.
> Then the card would fit into a 3,5" slot. Although I would have to create
> something to hold it in there. But they didn't tell me how long the cable
> between the DVB card and the CI module is. What good is it if the modules
> would fit in there but the connecting cable is just 10 cm. How long is the
> cable?

The cable is long enough (almost too long). Should be fine unless you have a
big-tower case.

I would consider holding on to buy the CI module + CAM because I'm not sure
when this will work (it doesn't work for me now :-((( Well... you can always
use the windows app (I hate to say that!)

Regards,
Plamen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index