Re: VDR recording glitches

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

I have bought a Technotrend with CA module at www.wwsat.nl
It accepts 2 CA modules.

> questions:
> anybody got a good idea ? what could be the bottleneck ?
> what systems do you use ?
> in the long run, i would like to equip the PC with a second card,
> should i assemble a bigger VDR-pc ? will it help ?
>
> thanx for any input in advance.
>
> thoughts on VDR/DVB evolution:
> - teletext would be a nice thing, especially in combination with
> "point & click timer-programming"
I would like to implement teletext too, have a GUI and driver for a
different chip, unfortunately I get no reply from Ralph Metzler how to
go about adding it (getting the data out).
Klaus will know much better then me if the on screen display could be used
for this, but I think not.
I think this card cannot do VBI teletext re insertion but I could be wrong.
In that case I will have to figure out the teletext chip used (anyone?),
get the data sheet and adapt my driver, the display would then be on the
PC like in the windows version.
Perhaps I can just access this chip directly (bypassing the driver) via the
iic bus.
Still thinking about this.

> ps: i´m not that big programmer-guy anymore, especially not on low-
> level linux, but if there is something to test, write dox etc. i
> would be happy to contribute.

Great the more people have a go the better.
I am stuck with a lack of documentation on the card itself.
It seems Ralph (convergence.de) is under some sort of non disclosure
contract with Siemens.
My past experiences with Siemens in a company I worked for are not that
fantastic... and they were the main seller of Siemens PLC's in Holland.

I will try to email Technotrend (Siemens is the same card) to see if I can
get some data, but not high hopes for that.
Jan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index