RE: The Future of VDR ?

>> What exactly does "a fully functional" set top box mean to you?

Such a platform:

	could be more open and so include other interface (like IEEE1394
included in the kernel 2.4) in order to interop (cf. 1394TA group (AVC
techno) http://www.1394ta.org and the HAVi group http://www.havi.org/) with
other equipments (DVCR, HiFi system, etc)

	could also support other Audio/Video format (DV, MP3, ...), access
to the internet. But all this stuff displayed on the TV set (because of my
couch potato behaviour (;-)) However to do that with on-the-shelf products
like the Siemens board, what are we able to treat? Should we transcode DV to
MPEG?

regards,

Gaël

> ------>>    The speed can kill ==> use Windows   <<------