Re: Stream's format handle by the Siemens board and the VDR

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> What I mean is the format which the new 0.7 driver delivers by default (PS_STREAM).
> I was under the impression that this is what's generally referred to as MPEG2,
> but I may be wrong. Anyway, VDR will the work with the data which the driver
> delivers by default.

Excellent!

That probably means, that after this it will only be
a small step until we can play back DVDs and VCDs in
VDR.

Does anyone know if the PS_STREAM/MPEG2 format can be
directly (i.e. without de- and re-compression) copied
to SVCDs? According to
   http://www.cdrinfo.com/articles/svcd
an SVCD requires MPEG-2 streams at 480x576 resolution,
VBR up to 2.6 Mbps.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index