Re: mpeg encoder card

Hi...

Allan Jacobsen wrote:

> MK wrote:

> > I know it's slightly off-topic, but:

> > I am looking for a good realtime mpeg encoder card with linux drivers and a
> > decent price. Anyone seen such a beast? thoughts, experiences?

> I thought I had found one at:
> http://www.visiontech-dml.com/kfir_rdk.html
> and when I first contacted them they were very friendly, and wanted to
> have a meeting about our company integrating it into our linux servers,
> but the meeting never happened, and now they just ignore my email (3
> emails
> in a month) so I am not sure if they just want the extra publicity that
> the linux name gives.
> If you find a card with linux support, please let me know, we will use
> at
> least a few hundred a year.

Due to the questions posted in the past few days, i'd like to drop a
short answer:

We have linux drivers running for the VisionTech Kfir card and presented
the card inside our streaming server solution at the IBC 2000 in
Amsterdam. We are going to release them in the next future (i assume,
2-3 weeks). Be patient and visit www.linuxtv.org from time to time
please.

Bye... SP.

--