New Technotrend DVB-S card.

Carsten Koch writes:
 > A few months ago, I have heard rumors that a new DVB-S card
 > was due for release around end of September.
 >
 > I just checked the Technotrend web site and did not find
 > any info about a new card.
 >
 > One would assume that convergence already has some pre-
 > production samples?
 >
 > Any info about the new card available yet?
 > Will the current driver support it?
 > Will it have an "official" SPDIF output?
 > Will it support AC-3?
 > Will it have an "official" Y/C output?
 > Will it have a faster OSD?
 > Price?
 > Availability?
 >
 > Would anyone from convergence care to comment about the card?

Sorry, but we also have no information yet about a new card, at least
not the kind you are looking for.

There is a new card from Technotrend, the "PCI budget" card which has
no decoder but delivers the full transport stream.
Demuxing and MPEG2 decoding has to be done in software.
You can buy it at www.dvb-shop.de since August.
Some support for it already is in the CVS version of the DVB driver, e.g.
22KHz switching and DiSEqC. All other frontend hardware is identical
to the one on the old card.
For the actual grabbing of TS data I will have to rewrite Michael
Hunold´s SAA7146 driver.
By changing some lines in the code one can already see the actual TS
packets as a picture in gVideo.
But this driver is not really high priority (I did not work on it the
last few weeks). Or does somebody see big demand for this?

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index