Re: AW: glitches, another story *g* - more bad news ;-(

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> What kind of "glitches" are those. Actual MPEG errors (block shaped
> colored errors in the picture, squeeky sound) or syncing problems
> (jerking motion in the picture, temporary sound loss)?

I think I've syncing problems, the picture is ok but it "jumps" every
second. When I start playback, the first 10-20 seconds are ok. Sound is
also ok.

> The only major thing I did there was increasing the OSD memory,
> decreasing MPEG buffer size in SDRAM and adding MPEG buffer in DRAM.
> I still have more SDRAM buffer than the recommended minimum but since
> the firmware (the one in chip ROM, not the one loaded into RAM)
> has to do lots of copying between those buffers it might not be able
> to react that well to badly muxed MPEG streams.
>
> Before I reduce OSD size again (distant screams from Klaus ... :-) I
> first want to try a more intelligent buffer handling in the driver
> that feeds the audio and video packets to the card separately and
> should reduce buffer underruns.

It looks like the buffer runs empty, and then it can't be filled fast
enough.
I recognized that recordings of Pro 7 (TV Total) produce more glitches
than recordings of ARD or ZDF. Is this possible?

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index