Re: AW: glitches, another story *g* - more bad news ;-(

Sorry, there was absolutely not time for DVB the last weeks, just try to
catch up with the mailing list right now.

> > What kind of "glitches" are those.

*I have a lot recordings with almost no problems at all.
*I have very rare MPEG errors (maybe occuring while vdr deletes big
files?!). I think (but didn`t check) that these correlate with the rare
error messages.
*Most recordings have syning problems, about every minute or so.
->But I also have recordings that are hard to watch because of severe
syncing problems (every second or more).

Thats on an Atlon 600MHz, Maxtor 60GB (32Bit,DMA enabled).
There are bad recordings of which i am absolutley sure the machine did
nothing else by that time.

> I recognized that recordings of Pro 7 (TV Total) produce more glitches
> than recordings of ARD or ZDF. Is this possible?

I see the dependece of the network too! Hessen3 seems to be very bad.
I have a very small dish (30cm). I don`t use it with analog reciever,
but I did for testing. Some networks are ok, most have more or less
snow, that means i don't have a good source signal.
Never the less, watching digital live (with the DVB-S card), the picture
looks absolutely perfect.
But maybe, there are some errors that can`t be seen live, but cause
problems with recording?
Just a thought.

Ralph wrote:
>it might not be able to react that well to badly muxed MPEG streams.

Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index