Re: AW: glitches, another story *g* - more bad news ;-(

"Ralph Metzler <" wrote:

> Andreas Peter writes:
>  > I've also problems with recording glitches.
>  > I'm using driver ver. 0.71 and Klaus' VDR. Watching TV works fine, but
>  > playback recording produces glitches every second.
>
> What kind of "glitches" are those. Actual MPEG errors (block shaped
> colored errors in the picture, squeeky sound) or syncing problems
> (jerking motion in the picture, temporary sound loss)?
>
>  > I tried to record with VDR and cat /dev/video > 001.pva. The playback
>  > results are the same: glitches every second.
>  > I think VDR does not produce the glitches, so I tried older versions of
>  > the driver.
>  >
>  > A file recoded with ver. 0.71 (cat /dev/video0 > 001.pva) produces
>  > glitches if it is played with ver. 0.71 BUT it can be played error free
>  > with ver. 0.04!

I played also with other recordings (TVTotal Pro 7):

 1) recorded with VDR, driver 0.71, playback with VDR, driver 0.71
	-> jerking motion; sound ok; video and sound are syncronous
	   looks like it is necessary to drop some frames to keep sync
	   between video an audio.

 2) recorded with VDR, driver 0.71, playback cat file > /dev/video
	-> motion ok; sound ok; video and sound NOT synchronous, they diverge
	   after a few minutes. The sound is "too early".

Is the syncing between audio and video the reason for the jerking
motion?

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index