Home Entertainment

Hi out there,

instead of coax TV-cable I decided to use cat5 fast ethernet as the
entertainment network at home. A linux box works as a server and
provides also TV through a DVB card. Your card driver is working
fine. Now I'm working on sending the stream one floor up where I
usually live. Can you help me on the following:
1) How do I get the MPEG stream onto the ethernet. I guess using
the mbone project in any way - but I don't know exactly how to.
2) I guess the TS is the right choice (eventually PS). But does
anybody know which player to use on the other side of the net,
which is able to receive the stream from the ethernet - hm... and it
should work under Windows (preferred NT).
Any advice appreciated which direction to go.

Thanks
Joachim

Home | Main Index | Thread Index