Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.67

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 06:21:41PM +0100, Carsten Koch wrote:

> >From the messages above, I believe that your minmax problem
> has been fixed. Klaus has also posted a patch that makes
> vdr live without the minmax.h include file.
>
> See Marcus' posts
>     http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/msg02687.html
> and
>     http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/msg02689.html
>
> about the messages above.

Yes, the minmax is no more a problem ;-)

> Mail me off-list if you want me to mail you a tar file with
> my streambuf.h.

Well, maybe you could send me what rpm -qf /usr/include/g++/streambuf.h
give to you such that I can dowload the rpm and try to compile the great (I guess so)
VDR programm. If I cc to linux-dvb@linuxtv.org it because of what I found about 2.95.3
(with your help).

> > And I am completely back to gcc 2.95.2 (and the libstdc++ also) so that not a problem from gcc 2.95.3 or gcc 2.96 (I have taken the gcc from
> > Trustix).
>
> I doubt that.
> In my distribution, streambuf.h is in /usr/include/g++/streambuf.h,
> not in /usr/include/g++-3/streambuf.h. I'd bet the extra "-3" stand
> for 2.95.3.

Argh, yes, you should be right ;-) I don't understand why Mandrake name their packages 2.95.2 and put 2.95.3 :-(
Browsing http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libst I found that RedHat, Mandrake, Conectiva Linux, Trustix
have all 2.95.3 in there packages under the name 2.95.3. Is Suse the only one who say the truth? I believe so!
Unfortunately, it's not easy to find out which files are what in Suse, could you send me which one I need to
download to compil with a true 2.95.2?

> > And I haded exactly the same results with the compilers from RedHat and Mandrake, and Suse do some things there way, so it sometimes
> > hard to try there rpm ;-(
> >
> > I try against 2.4.0-test10. Could I ask which distribution and compiler you are using?
>
> I am using the SuSE 7.0 professional distribution, which comes with
> gcc/g++ 2.95.2.

Well, I think my Mandrake is far from being good ;-((((
I'll buy a Suse, it would be a lots of time savings!

Thanks you very very much,

	Greg
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index