mini HOWTO: compiling VDR under Mandrake (Redhat) ;-)

Hello,

Compiling VDR on a Mandrake could be quite long, and maybe impossible
without the help of Marcus O.C. Metzler and specially of Carsten Koch!

A great thanks to them for all there help (and kind patience) ;-))

So here it come: first of all, you'll need to know how to work with
rpm and specialy --nodeps --oldpackage and what that mean, if you are
not sure of what you are doing you could turn in a non bootable linux ;-((
And depending of what you have for a distribution, it might not work
for you: you've been warmed...

The problem come from the prerelease that came with Mandrake (and Trustix,
Mandrake) for example gcc-2.95.2 is in fact gcc-2.95.3 ;-(

You could find a true gcc-2.95.2 in Suse (I don't give you a mirror for
your contries, but it should'nt be too difficult to find), you need the
following files (all in 7.0/d1):
bin86.rpm     gcc.rpm      gpp.rpm   libgpp.rpm
binutils.rpm  gccmesg.rpm  libc.rpm  linclude.rpm

And magically, after that you could play with the great VDR: it compile
perfectly ;-)

And that's really a great, wonderfull programm ;-)

For my part, as I have DiseqC 2.0 I had to change every occurences of :1:
to :0: in channels.conf, not a big problem anyway ;-)

Once a day I found an URL which was able to generate channels.conf for a
hudge list of satelite, but I can't find it again: could someone please
give it back to me?

Another great thanks for all who worked on this project!!!

	Greg
http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index