Von: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]Im Auftrag von Axel Gruber
Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. Februar 2001 22:02
An: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [linux-dvb] Playback MP3 over the DVB-S Device ?

Hello to everybody...

I think about to use my LINUX-TV-SERVER to play MP3 in the living-room.

Because i donīt have a free PCI-Slot - is it possible to use the DVB-S
Device for Playback the AUDIO (i donīt think that itīs possible that the
CARD can decode MP3 - but if the CPU decode it to a usual WAVE or MPEG2
Stream the CARD should be able to plaback it.

The other Idea ist to use a Sound-CARD - but then i have to make a PCI Slot
free...

Does anyone know a MPEG3 Software Frontend for LINUX to use it at a
Graphic-CARD with TV-OUT to controll it ?

---
linux-dvb" as subject.

---