[linux-dvb] AW:Playback MP3 over the DVB-S Device ?

Matthias Queisler writes:
 > I am on it to program MP3 and LCD support for VDR. So you don't need an
 > extra program or a monitor or TV. But the program will use a sound card. For
 > my system I am using a micro ATX board from elite group with on board 10/100
 > Mbit Ethernet card and Sound Card.
 > And well I think it's possible to convert it into MPEG stream so the DVB can
 > play it but there is no supoprt at the moment.

If you can generate a PCM output and use the PES standard for PCM (as
found on some/many music video DVDs) packages you can play them on the DVB
card. It should be possible to get e.g. mpg123 to do that. You can do
the same for AC3. Use ac3dec to get PCM and from that generate PCM PES
and pipe it into the card.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de