[linux-dvb] Re: DVD drive recommendations?

On 25 Feb 2001, at 13:48, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I am thinking about buying a DVD drive for my VDR computer.
>
> It should have the following characteristics:
>
> - have an IDE interface (since I don't have a free slot for an SCSI
> controller) - work with Linux (well, of course) - be code free (or at
> least can be made to play codes 1+2) - be available with a black front
> panel (not absolutely necessary,
>   but would be nice)
>
> Can anybody recommend a certain brand/model?

i bought that pioneer drive, i think its a 114 (drive is at home).
after flashing a "nice" firmware it works with dvdplayer / css-tools.

be sure to get a rpc1 drive or at least one that is successfully
reflashed by somebody you know.

wbr.tja...

thomas jagoditsch
email:tja@tja.org/tel:+436645446512