[linux-dvb] Re: About saving energie

Hi,

Christian Schuld:
> Peter Funk:
> > the Bios does some checking (possibly CRC?) during boot?  I have to
> > learn about this area of PC technology.  Any hints where I should start?
>                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Ralf Brown's Interrupt List:
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ralf/pub/WWW/files.html
>
> Christian

Thank you for the Hint.  Unfortunately there is a lot of information
there, not particular helpful for Linux and the task at hand.  I've found
something more useful about the topic at
	http://www.stack.nl/~phreggle/intlist/cmos.html
Unfortunately this seems to be a lot more complicated than I thought before.
In /dev/nvram you see only a small subsection of the 128 byte CMos ram
area modern RTCs have.  The Alarm time setting seems to be located at addresses
0x53, 0x54, 0x55, 0x56.  An area unaccessible using '/dev/nvram'.
Due to lack of time I've to give up on this for the moment.

Regards, Peter

---