[linux-dvb] Re: VDR remote control

Hiho!

* Marcus Daniel <danielm@uni-muenster.de> [20010530 14:36]:
> On Wednesday, 30. May 2001 13:04, you wrote:
> > is someone working on a 'remote control' via TCP for VDR? SVDRP does
> > support everything needed, but kvdr isn't really up to the job - it does
> > too much, and only works correctly when used on the same machine as VDR.
> >
> > I'm thinking about the ability to do a TCP connection to a VDR anywhere,
> > to be able to see the current EPG info and program timers for it
> > remotely. No video display or audio needed, mainly, 'just' the OSD part
> > of VDR would suffice.
>
> Mmmmh, I do not know if this will help you: I use lirc for repeating remote
> control commands over TCP/IP.
> lircd --connect=foo:1234 on the vdr box and
> lircd --listen=1234 on the other box.
> It is working quite well with several different remotes.

okay - not exactly what I need, as this wouldn't give me access to the
EPG.

> For really remote "remote control" I just used telnet (and that not often ;-)

*grin* .. yes .. it's highly uncomfortable, but the data channel over
this tcp connection would provide enough features for this
functionality.

   Count

--
Andreas Kotes - UIN: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine.
You don't have to change the world... to change the world. You're either part