[linux-dvb] Re: VDR remote control

On Wednesday, 30. May 2001 13:04, you wrote:
> is someone working on a 'remote control' via TCP for VDR? SVDRP does
> support everything needed, but kvdr isn't really up to the job - it does
> too much, and only works correctly when used on the same machine as VDR.
>
> I'm thinking about the ability to do a TCP connection to a VDR anywhere,
> to be able to see the current EPG info and program timers for it
> remotely. No video display or audio needed, mainly, 'just' the OSD part
> of VDR would suffice.

Mmmmh, I do not know if this will help you: I use lirc for repeating remote
control commands over TCP/IP.
lircd --connect=foo:1234 on the vdr box and
lircd --listen=1234 on the other box.
It is working quite well with several different remotes.

For really remote "remote control" I just used telnet (and that not often ;-)

Cheers

             Marcus