[linux-dvb] Re: VDR suggestion - record to TS?

On Tuesday 01 May 2001  3:12 pm, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I don't think switching to TS format for recordings is such a good idea.
> After all, VDR must determine the frame borders in order to allow
> fast forward/back etc. So it has to unpack the TS, anyway.
>
> I have done a lot of fine tuning over the weekend and now it looks like
> the recorded files are quite good. I'll announce that in a separate
> message.
>
> Klaus

Congratulations on that, and thanks for your hard work.

You mentioned in a previous message that you were planning on storing the AC3
pid in the channels.conf.  What plans (re: recording and playback) do you
have for this stream?  Is it possible to record both the MPEG and AC3
soundtracks in the same PES file?

Dave.