[linux-dvb] DVB user-defined descriptors

Hello,

I've been examining the various descriptors broadcast in the service
information by various networks on various satellites.  My only references
are ISO-13818-1 (the MPEG standard) and EN 300 468 (the DVB-SI standard).
According to those references, a lot of the descriptors I am finding are
listed as "user defined".

Is there any documentation available on these?  Are there any other standards
that define descriptors apart from the two I mention?

An example is descriptor 0xc5 - this is easily interpreted and contains an id
number and channel name for Canal Satellite radio stations on (e.g.) Astra
19E.  These differ to normal Radio Stations because they are all transmitted
as part of the same service - in effect multiple audio channels.  This
descriptor is listed as "user-defined" in EN 300 468 - is it defined in any
public standards document?

Thanks,

Dave.