[linux-dvb] vdr/dvb remote control new hauppauge, my plans

hi there,

thanx to all, especially Klaus Schmiedinger and Ralph Metzler et al. for
developing these programs/drivers.

So far i installed and use the latest versions of vdr/dvb (up to vdrpre5 and
dvb-cvs of one of the last days). I have a new Hauppauge dvb-s, 2.4.2 kernel,
Duron 750 board, LFS-linux system.
It works, i can watch tv and record.

bugs: there are two persistent bugs, that essentially didnt change
over the last updates (two weeks?)
1. starting vdr takes several (sometimes 5 or so) tries to get a channel
(i use hotbird) synced and displayed. Once there is one displayable channel,
i also can switch channels and get all on my channels.conf. Sometimes
(unpredictable) driver crashes or something, so that tuning isnt possible
anymore, need to restart.

2. Audio distortion when replaying recordings, which seem to be a little
better now.

These problems have been reported by many on the list, so i will wait
and try the new updates coming.

One question: I have a remote control that came with my "new" hauppauge dvb-s
Can this be used with the lirc package? Is it the same as the one that comes
with other WinTv cards and is described in the lirc-project?
If anyone has got this one working with vdr, can you give me some hints,
or a quick step-by-step, since this setup seems quite a landscape to search
through too, and my first tries of today couldnt make it work. Your
hints would save me some time, and so would be very much appreciated.

My plans: I want to record a regular program on hotbird (someone speaking)
with two audio channels, one original english and one translation.
I think i will use a wintv nova for the second audio channel, found
no other solution so far,

and as first approach record them both on analog vhs, one audio channel
as audio-right and one as audio-left. This is necessary, since we have
an infrared headphone system on a vhs-video system for providing translation
to people needing translation.

as second approach, i want to record those three: video stream, original and
translation on (s)vcd and replay it with dvd-player

I will stick to anlog-vhs recording with two cards as long as recording
has this distortion, and until i found out the way to make a cd-recording
with those two audio channels, that is replayable on a dvd-player.

This is what i want to do in the near future, and as i said before
any help or hints are very much appreciated.

Thank you

Dieter