[linux-dvb] Re: Computer case for VDR

I have replaced all the fans in my case (minitower, Athlon800) with some
cheap and silent 80x80mm fans. The CPU fan (original 60x60mm) now is
sitting beside the cooler and is fixed with cable fixers (Kabelbinder).
The fans (I got them from Pollin, Germany for DM5) are more silent than
Papst low noise fans but have enough cooling speed; the CPU temperature
decreased from 50° to 45° :-). One problem: the board does not boot with a
slow speed fan or no fan connected to the fan jumper (it can measure only
speeds above 2500rpm :-/. So I created a simple circuit that (7555+R+C)
emulates a fan :-).

        Matthias