[linux-dvb] Re: Increasing width of OSD with VDR

Emil Naepflein wrote:

> On Wed, 02 May 2001 09:16:06 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger
> <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > The limitation is in the memory set aside for the OSD on the DVB card.
> > Those Siemens developers apparently thought nobody would ever use that OSD...
>
> I thought I am blind. ;-)
>
> So the only option to get more info into the OSD-Menu box is to use a
> smaller font. If I find time I will trim it down somewhat. A smaller
> font is no problem for me with a screen 2.43 m wide. :)

This is not so much a question of screen with as of the actual pixel
resolution. With the current font, all horizontal lines are at least
two pixels high. If there are horizontal lines that are only one pixel
in height, that might cause very annoying flicker, since the picture
is interlaced. I tried that once and it wasn't very good. But maybe
you can come up with a smaller font that doesn't flicker...

Klaus