[linux-dvb] Latest CVS driver and CA recordings

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > I was hoping to be able to finalize the NAPI adaptation of VDR
 > this weekend, but there are apparently still some severe problems
 > in the latest CVS driver with encrypted channels.
 >
 > The biggest problems are with the ORF channels. Sometimes I don't get
 > a picture on the video output of the DVB card (no matter whether I
 > do a recording or just tune to that channel). When I do a recording
 > it sometimes works fine, on other occasions the data coming from the
 > Transport Stream contains video and audio packets (0xE0 and 0xC0),
 > but inside these packets there are no "00 00 01" markers (there _is_
 > a lot of data in the packets, but nothing that could be detected as
 > "picture_header", "slice" or the like).

I could not find this error anymore on any of the encrypted channels
I could test it with but this currently does not include ORF.
Do you have this problem only on ORF or also still on other channels?

 > Also, when switching between encrypted channels, I often get segfaults
 > inside 'ioctl()'.

Well, a ksymoops dump would tell me a lot more than "it segfaults".
Which ioctl() calls cause the segfault?

I also don't understand how a channel being encrypted could make a
difference inside an ioctl().
Outside of the firmware there is no longer any difference between
encrypted an unencrypted channels.
If the firmware would make problems or crash in this case I could
at least understand it.

Ralph