[linux-dvb] Re: DVB card / video but no sound

Fabien Penso wrote:
[...]
> Frank on Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:08:35 +0200 wrote:
>
>  > So, you have to connect the audio output of your dvb card to the audio
>  > input of your soundcard (or directly to your speakers) and don't forget
>  > to adjust your mixer.
>
> This was done already. I did connect the output of the dvb to the audio
> input, and I did adjust my mixer.
[...]

Sorry, it was a stupid idear, that you could have forgotten this step.

But, there are more things, which could fail:

-The audio chip on the dvb card is not supported.
-The modules are loaded with wrong options.
-Your hardware is broken.
-[...]

Did you test head phones on the dvb card?

But, there might be a workaround:

Use tuxzap to tune the channel.
Use xawtv to view the pictures.
Activate /dev/video/dvr.
Use an application [vlc?,mplayer?,...] which is capable of playing  a
transport stream  [perhaps in an audio ony mode].

HTH, Frank