[linux-dvb] Re: Echostar/Dish Network in USA w/Hauppauge Nagravision CAM

Vito,

    Poor choice of words on my part; the number that is provided by the
receiver to the cam is not the units serial number, but a unique 'seed'
number that is buried in the prom for each box.  This seed number has to
be fed to the cam to complete the decoding authorization checking.  You
would need to know this number and be able to provide it to the cam via
the DVB-S drivers to get things going.  I think this is the 'unique' part
of the Dish version of Nagravision...  I am also a legal Dish subscriber
and I was hoping at one point to be able to use one of my smart cards with
a DVB-S too but I think that is probably not going to be possible, if you
do succeed please let us know!

      Bill