[linux-dvb] Re: DTV - New (minor) Release 1.2

Reiner Rosin schrieb:

> Hi,
> First of all: Great piece of software :)
>
> I took a quick look at the new DTV and have some infos/questions:

Hi Reiner,

> 1) when doing "make install" the file "key_definition.dcl" wasn't copied
> to the dist-dir (didn't examine that, but I suppose you just forgot
> to include that in the makefile)

Yes, you are right (grrr)...please add 'key_definition.dcl' to the DTV_CONF
variable in 'src/dtv/Makefile'.

> 2) although I changed NO_DATABASE in the makefile to '1', the #ifndef NO_DATABASE
> statement in database.c succeeded and tried to compile with DB-support
> (had this error with earlier versions....)

This works perfectly for me ! If I set NO_DATABASE to 1, there is no database
support compiled in...don't know what your problem is. For a workaround you
could just change all '#ifndef NO_DATABASE' to '#ifdef 0', there should be only
a few of them within the code of database.c

> 3) question: is the size of the videotext-window limited due to the limited
> size of osd-bitmaps in the driver?

Yes, unfortunately it is. There have been discussions about this topic (to
define a driver switch to increase the OSD memory and similar) a few months ago,
but such a switch was never introduced. I thought about transferring the
videotext to MPEG frames, but didn't implement it until now.

> 4) if diseqc is enabled (I'm using two satellites here), is there alway
> a diseqc message sent or just when switching channels from different
> satellites? I ask this, because I noticed that my old channel-switching-bug
> doesn't occure with DTV? I think, I will have a closer look at your
> channel-switching code tomorrow.

There is always a diseqc message sent. This is, because I have noticed a lot
more tuning problems with my equipment (I do not have a diseqc switch), if I did
only send a message when needed. After going back to 'always diseqc', all went
fine for me, the tuning works better than ever before at the moment !!!

Best regards,

Rolf