[linux-dvb] Re: DTV - New (minor) Release 1.2

Hi,

> > 1) when doing "make install" the file "key_definition.dcl" wasn't copied
> > to the dist-dir (didn't examine that, but I suppose you just forgot
> > to include that in the makefile)
> >
> Yes, you are right (grrr)...please add 'key_definition.dcl' to the DTV_CONF
> variable in 'src/dtv/Makefile'.

just did a simple cp ;)

> > 2) although I changed NO_DATABASE in the makefile to '1', the #ifndef NO_DATABASE
> > statement in database.c succeeded and tried to compile with DB-support
> > (had this error with earlier versions....)
> >
> This works perfectly for me ! If I set NO_DATABASE to 1, there is no database
> support compiled in...don't know what your problem is. For a workaround you
> could just change all '#ifndef NO_DATABASE' to '#ifdef 0', there should be only
> a few of them within the code of database.c

better '#define NO_DATABASE 1'

> > 3) question: is the size of the videotext-window limited due to the limited
> > size of osd-bitmaps in the driver?
> >
> Yes, unfortunately it is. There have been discussions about this topic (to
> define a driver switch to increase the OSD memory and similar) a few months ago,
> but such a switch was never introduced. I thought about transferring the
> videotext to MPEG frames, but didn't implement it until now.

I think this will force me to build a rgb-adapter ....

> There is always a diseqc message sent. This is, because I have noticed a lot
> more tuning problems with my equipment (I do not have a diseqc switch), if I did
> only send a message when needed. After going back to 'always diseqc', all went
> fine for me, the tuning works better than ever before at the moment !!!

Ok, I had a look at your code today but couldn't find a big difference to
vdr's diseqc-code, I think I'll have to start from scratch with this problem.

BTW: I noticed that channel-switching within the same transponder results
often in no-video-appearing, sound is ok, but no video av., I don't know
if this is a DTV-bug so I'm going to update the dvb-driver first....

bye, reiner