[linux-dvb] Re: Using NOVA-t in the UK

Hi,

I have a problem. As you said there, I took the latest driver and I patched
it for
WinTV NOVA-T in order for the driver to correctly recognize it. I have 3
WinTV
NOVA DVB-S and one WinTV NOVA-T (all for of the are Haupaugue). My
problem is that the driver correctly identifies the 3 DVB-S cards, but it
doesn't
the DVB-T one.

I added a little debug output in dvb.c to see the problem and I noticed that
the
vendor id is not the same. The output of lspci shows:

00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
00:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 (rev 02)
00:0a.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 (rev 02)
00:0d.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
00:0e.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

Those 3 Philips are the 3 DVB-S cards, and those 2 Booktree devices are from
the DVB-T card.

As I saw in dvb.c the driver only checks for "subvendor = = 0x13c2" which
happens
to be the Phillips cards.

My question is: should I use another card or I don't have the corect driver.
The driver
I have is the one from September 17.

Regards,
Aurelian.