[linux-dvb] Re: System hangs when loading saa7146_core.o with secondary card

Am Mittwoch,  3. Oktober 2001 14:49 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:

> What does lsmod say?
> Which I2C version do you use?

lsmod says nothing and how can I check the I2C version?

> Did you look in _all_ log files under /var/log ?
> (I don't now syslog.conf of suse, but debian records in
> several logfiles and the is no file with all messages, not a good idea)

yes, there is SuSE writes all messages to console 10 and there is nothing

> Do you have a vga console attached?

yes

> Can you change the consoles? (alt-Fx)

no

> Does the network still work?

no

> Do lirc still work?

no

> BIOS setting "PlugNPlay aware OS" ?

no

> I too have problems with Kernels > 2.4.8 nd the second card
> and have meanwhile disabled the second card.
> Else the system would freeze and oops while recording
> off the second card. (loading is OK)
> Too i can't record the "Colourbar"-channel with the second card.
> The first card works flawlessly (except some artefacts and a/v async..).
> Moving the disk and cards to an other (slower) MoBo
> did help a lot. So i assume that something in dvb* has a problem
> with faster CPUs/faster RAMs.

so it could be better to downgrade to 2.4.8? I will try this out later this
week.

Andreas

--
Andreas Gebel    andreas@xcapenet.de
Diese Nachricht wurde ohne Zuhilfenahme von Microsoft- Produkten erstellt.