[linux-dvb] Re: System hangs when loading saa7146_core.o with secondary card

andreas@xcapenet.de(Andreas Gebel)  04.10.01 12:12

Once upon a time Andreas Gebel shaped the electrons to say...

>Am Mittwoch,  3. Oktober 2001 14:49 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:
>>
>> What does lsmod say?
>> Which I2C version do you use?
>>
>lsmod says nothing and how can I check the I2C version?

Grep for "$Id" in the linux sources and delete all i2c-*.o
not required to make sure that the right version is loaded.
(Ask Linus why "modules" don't have a mandantory version string.
(I don't mean that crap "kernel versionioning" variable mangeling.
I mean a simple ASCII string in the module. Quick and easy with no
side effects or complicating the system.)

updatedb
locate i2c
delete unused i2c*.o

That'S the only way i know to determien module versions.
(The programmers address is eassier to get...on runtime...)

Download the newest version from lm_sensors.

But i not sure that this will solve the problem.

>> BIOS setting "PlugNPlay aware OS" ?
>>

>no

Did you try to change this settings?

>so it could be better to downgrade to 2.4.8? I will try this out later
>this week.

Maybe. I can't because i need the USB support.

Maybe too it may help if you quote the portion
of syslog,messages etc. until the "hang" occurs to the list.
(Some KB are OK)