[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: converting PVA - need help

Quoting Schuett Thomas <Thomas.Schuett@icn.siemens.de>:

> Please try to help:
>
> I have the same problem. I have many PVA streams, but not
> (the old) mpegtools nor PVAStrumento can help me!

> So what I would need is a PVA converter that can handle my
> "patch-streams".

This might become difficult if inside your files some PVA packets are
wrong due to the concatenation (e.g. have wrong length).
A tool called PvaCut.exe might help you (Don't know the URL by heart, but
you can easily google it). It also applies some corrections and outputs
only complete PVA packets. My experience is, that cutting the first group
of pictures at the beginning of the file (i.e. ~12 frames displayed as 1 block
in pvacut) sometimes helps avoiding problems with PVAStrumento. (It would
falsely insert empty audio frames when none are needed)

I hope this will help you. If not, I have a small program to dump the contents
of the PVA packet headers. It is not very elaborated but it can easily be
extended to find complete PVA packets (thereby maybe the concatenation points)
and write them to a file. (I cannot post it now because it is on my computer
at home).

Regards, Andreas