[linux-dvb] Re^11: converting PVA - need help

Quoting Schuett Thomas <Thomas.Schuett@icn.siemens.de>:

> O.k. - one last question (hopefully :-) :
>
> What exactly means "cutting the first group of pictures" ?
> (I mean, after this, the 2nd one is the first one, and PvaCut
> can not know !?  #%-> )

Sorry, if I was unclear about this. Group of pictures are usually
12 pictures starting with an I-frame. These so-called GOPs are the starting
points for any MPEG player if you are moving around in the movie.
As a matter of fact the simplest way of cutting MPEG is to cut them before
an I-frame, i.e at an GOP start.
Now, PvaCut has a nice GUI where for each I-frame a box contains information
of time, picture number GOP number, etc. By selecting these boxes you can cut
and paste (and even concatenate from other files) your movie, keeping in mind
that the box actually represents 12 pictures.
I found that PVAStrumento has an easier time when I leave out the first box
in PvaCut and start with the second one. (I think it has to do with the way,
PvaCut treats audio frames. But don't ask me...)

> Do you mean,  I must cut off everything from the file beginning
> to the first occurence of the 2 Bytes "AV", or what exactly
> is it I have to do ?

I fear you also have to do this :-(

Regards, Andreas.