[linux-dvb] Re: Spectral Inversion, or other problem?

> > I assume this is my problem, as I have tried everything else. In
Hauppauge
> > Windoze soft I can get +12db on a carrier, but still doesn't detect any
PMT
> > or anything  - so I am pretty sure cabling, card etc are ok.
>
> Are you talking about DVB-S? I never made a big fuss about I&Q cabling
> using my own transmitter, and the DVB-S card always decoded the signal,
> so I assume it autodetects spectral inversion...
>
> Tom

Yes this is DVB-S.

Since I am able to see signal strength in the Hauppauge software, I believe
the card is good, and sensing a carrier.

However, I have not successfully tuned and decoded a carrier yet on this
card, *possibly* because of Spectral Inversion problem that I have seen
referenced in other threads. I wondered if anyone could verify this.

For what it is worth, I am limited to T5 at 97 West at the moment because
that is where my fixed dish is pointing. I checked lyngsat to see if any
digital carriers on T5 might have spectral inversion on (assuming the card
is not autosensing) but I have not seen any reference to this on that
transponder list.

I was chief engineer at one of the networks that still broadcasts on T5, and
I don't ever remember having to think about Spectral Inversion on any
receivers we used. I *do* remember seeing an option in the DVB modulator
though that indicated that spectral inversion was an option, and in that
case, was off, if I remember correctly.

I assume, since I have seen previous traffic on this list, that Spectral
Inversion is common in Europe, but not so common (though still an option) in
the US. Can anyone give any insight?

Thanks.