[linux-dvb] Re: Spectral Inversion, or other problem?

Andy Alsup writes:
 > I was chief engineer at one of the networks that still broadcasts on T5, and
 > I don't ever remember having to think about Spectral Inversion on any
 > receivers we used. I *do* remember seeing an option in the DVB modulator
 > though that indicated that spectral inversion was an option, and in that
 > case, was off, if I remember correctly.
 >
 > I assume, since I have seen previous traffic on this list, that Spectral
 > Inversion is common in Europe, but not so common (though still an option) in
 > the US. Can anyone give any insight?

No, spectral inversion is also not common in Europe.
I found a few channels now which use spectral inversion and the new
frontend interface (introduced a few weeks ago) supports selecting it.
Auto detection is not yet supported for cards (like the revision 2.1
cards) which do not detect it in hardware. For those you will
have to select the right setting.

Ralph