[linux-dvb] Re: Inserting a splitter in the DVB-Driver

Hi Dave, Markus and all!

Dave Chapman wrote:

> Jens/Markus,
>
> I would also be interested in a copy of any software that either of you have
> written concerning DVB streaming.

You may download my plugin for the RealPlayer at
http://spielberg.upb.de/mpeg2tsRealplayerPlugin.tgz

To install it, you have to copy mpeg2renderer/make/rel/mpeg2renderer.so
to the appropriate directory  ("/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Plugins/" in case
of SuSE-Linux).

In order to compile this one, you need the RealSystem SDK downloadable
somewhere at realnetworks.com ("rsg2sdk_r4.tar.gz").

Though it uses RTSP and RTP and displays MPEG2 transport streams, it is
only compatible to our own "video server". To test the plugin, you
should check if "MPEG2 Transport Stream Renderer 0.1.0.0" is shown under
Help->About RealPlayer=>Version Info. When it is, you can _try_ to play
"rtsp://spielberg.upb.de:1554/File/PRO7_2001-04-25_20:12:00" with
realplay. It's at 700kB/s (UDP) so it won't work (it will flood your
modem line!!), but it may help you a little bit anyway.

Ask me, if you have questions about it.

The mpeg2-decoder is libmpeg2, audio-decoding is ripped of this NIST
player

> Regarding patching the driver to multicast the TS, I don't think that's the
> right place for it.  This seems a task best suited to user-space.

I also think so.

Jens