[linux-dvb] problems recieving data with hauppauge card

Hey list.  I've been working on this for a week and am out of ideas, but
maybe someone else on the list can help me sort it out.  here is the setup:

linux box sending multicast (IP)->to a logic innovations IP encapsulator
 (ASI)->to newtec DVB modulator (L-Band)->linux box with hauppauge DVB-s
(card is version 2.10).

i think i would be ok if i could find an app to tune the card, but dvbd
wont even start and ntuxzap doesent seem to do the job (but i really
have nothing to base this on).  i tried puttting the card in a windoze
box and using the hauppauge GUI data app, i got signal and data lock,
but see no data in the stat box.  what is the best driver version to use
for this sort of thing?  is there an app that will tell you what your
signal level is?

the second problem is putting multiple cards (of the same type) in one
box.  if anyone has any suggestion on getting that to work i'm listning.

thanks!

--Russ