[linux-dvb] Re: Inserting a splitter in the DVB-Driver

On Monday, October 29, 2001 3:19 PM, Klaus Schmidinger
[SMTP:Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de] wrote:
> > >Klaus - if you are reading this, do you have a view on adding RTP
streaming
> > >support to VDR?
> >
> > Let's wait and see :-)
>
> Sorry, I guess I have overlooked this question directed to me earlier.
>
> I wouldn't like to have VDR _always_ read the stream, because that would
probably
> make channel switching slower. So if you want to do special things like
this, I'm
> afraid you'll have to do it in a patch of your own. VDR only reads the
stream if
> it actually records, or in Transfer Mode.

I also would like to have RTP streaming support from VDR. Maybe it is a idea
to use Transfer Mode for streaming.
So instead of transferring the data to a second card it is streamed. This
should not break the current VDR concept
and we would have a "virtual" card where the data is streamed to. Then we
would also have time shifting don't we ?

mfg
Joachim