[linux-dvb] mpegtools and making AVI from DVB stream

 As advised, I took mpegtools from driver version 0.9.3 and compiled
them under driver tree 0.8.2. It worked fine. the link ts2ps which does
not appear in driver 0.8.2 now exists.

 I started dvbstream and "dumprtp | ts2ps vpid apid > file.ps"

 I copied file.ps to file.vob on a windows box and tried to open it in
FlaskMPEG. I was recognized as a valid MPEG2 stream. Flask was able to
play the file via software, with a glitch at the first few frames.
 But when trying to convert it into an avi file, flask renders the first
2-3 frames, then the resulting video contains only the first 2-3 frames
and frame 2 (or 3) continued over the entire video, and the audio which
goes correctly.
 Flask crashes or generates output endlessly after the end of the dvb
file.

 I don't know if it is a Flask issue, or ts2ps issue.

 I am trying to get some other software that can process MPEG2 in the
next few days and see if that works. Having a player recognize and play
it is useless because the intent is to convert it into divx.

 The main reason is that linux is on a low end machine, and in my
network I have my computer and 3 friends with windows on powerfull boxes
and I want to use all of us for compression.

--
ing. Andrei Boros
mailto:andrei@srr.ro / +40-1-303-1865