[linux-dvb] Re(5): Writing to /dev/ost/video0 impossible ?

Hi Thomas,

Quoting Schuett Thomas <Thomas.Schuett@icn.siemens.de>:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> 	>There is a simpler method. If you press on the penguin in tuxzap
> 	>you can use /dev/ost/dvr for recording and playback with "cat".
> 	>The recorded channel is set by tuxzap. The data format is TS.
> 	[...]
> 	>AFAIK, PVA streams were still supported in 0.8x
>
> That are very valuable hints again. I never thought of that
> you have to start tuxzap before you can cat /dev/ost/video.
>
> I wonder if anyone has a small program (without gui!) that
> can do the same job.

Have a look into the DVB API Doc. At the end there two exampleprograms.
One for switching channels and one for recording via /dev/ost/dvr (sorry
not /dev/ost/video). You have to adapt them to the new API, which is not
so difficult ;-)

Regards, Andreas.