[linux-dvb] AW: AW: Writing to /dev/ost/video0 impossible?

	>und verwies auf die API-Dokumentation, die ich zwar gefunden habe, aus der
	>ich aber nicht schlau werde.
	>
	>Es muß doch dafür eine Lösung geben, wieso schreibt niemand einfach, wie es
	>mit dem neuen Treiber funktioniert?

(lets stick with english inside the NG)
Yes, I can't read much out of the API doku.
Also I miss something like a "release note" or so,
that tracks the version changes.

What I (believe to) know:
- recording and playback with "cat" is only possible until
  version 0.8x of the driver.

- If you want to record/playback with the 0.9x driver,
 you have to 1)open the device, 2) write/read some info
 as dexcribed in the API spec. 3) read/write the stream.

- There is a certain amount of people willing to stay with
  the "cat" API. rolf.siebrecht@t-online.de announced a
  0.82 sanity version in this NG at 03.10.2001.

- PVA streams are a more official name for AV_PES streams.

- PVA streams are only supported until 0.7x driver.

I hope, I said everything right so far. If not, hopefully
someone enlights us.

cu,
  Thomas

PS: I am just trying to use the 0.7 driver with a new kernel.
When I got through, I may post a small guidance.