[linux-dvb] mpegtools (driver-0.8.2)

 Following the recommendations in dvbstream-0.2 I tried to multicast a
DVB stream from sat on my home network and receive it on a second
machine.

 I use siemens-0.8.2 drivers with a SkyStar 1 card.
 I've modified the drivers slightly to include a ioctl that is used by
dvbstream-0.2 and appears only in the 0.9 drivers. (QPSK_GET_STATUS).

 dvbstream works fine, and with dumprtp I've saved the transport
streams.

 Using apps/mpegtools, I've tried the following :

 dvbstream documentation recommends something like this :
dumprtp | ts2ps vpid apid | file.ps
 then play that file with mplayer.

 I haven't tried mplayer yet, and I tried to just play around with the
streams.

 I used Pro7 Deutschland from Astra 1 as source.

streamtype returns : TS_STREAM, 720x576 ...

 First of all, ts2ps does not exist in drivers-0.8.2
 ts2pes works partially. It will produce some output, but before
processing the entire file, it crashes either with "buffer overflow" or
more frequently with "Segmentation fault".
 It never had a succesfull run.

 Having the av_pes2ps command, I tried to create a TS -> AV_PES -> PS
(ts2ps missing) and since the docs say the PS stream is the same format
as the VOB on DVD's, I wanted to feed it to FLASK.
 ts2av_pes outputs nothing.
 tsdemux outputs nothing.

 I tried mplex and told it to output DVD format. the file I obained was
recognized by flask as a valid MPEG2 file but when trying to convert it
into another format, FLASK crashes.

 I haven't been able to figure out what ctest is supposed to do.

 Can anyone help ?

Thank you.

--
ing. Andrei Boros